Hello there kids!
Do you know that it is possible to keep your teeth clean and sparkling? Yes, you can definitely keep mom and dad happy by making sure that you maintain all of these health oral habits:
- Always brush your teeth. As much as possible, brush your teeth at least twice a day every single day, as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep at night.
- When you brush your teeth, always brush along your gum line. Or ask the help of mom and dad if you are having difficulty in doing so.
- Make sure that you always drink plenty of water. It helps dislodge some of the food that gets stuck in your mouth and breaks it down as well.
- Limit your chocolates and sweets. Yup, we know how you love your sweets but too much sugar encourages tooth decay. So just limit yourself and you will never regret it.
- Eat healthy meals. By choosing to eat healthy, such as eating fruits and vegetables and drinking milk, you will strengthen your body, your gums and teeth. So always listen to mom and dad when they tell you to eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. Avoid junk food as much as possible.
- Do not be afraid of the dentist. He or she is our friend in keeping our teeth healthy. Listen to what they have to say and never be afraid of going to their clinics to have your teeth checked. They will make sure that you will not have bad breath and decaying teeth.
- Wear a mouth guard during sports activities. This will limit the impact on your teeth of contact sports. Consult your dentist when you want to wear a mouth guard.
Are you aware that most adults still do not know how to properly brush their teeth? As a result, bad breath and tooth decay is a common issue.
Fortunately, this can be addressed. You see, a lot of adults settle on brushing their teeth for only a few seconds and that is definitely wrong. It is important to always try to clean the teeth as much as possible and avoid being lazy. Using a mouthwash is also a good way to kill the bacteria that resides in your oral cavities.
Here are some proper techniques that should be applied in brushing your teeth:
- Start by applying a right amount of toothpaste in your bush. Tilt your toothbrush at an angle and gently sweep it back and forth the gum line for both the front and back of the upper teeth. Don’t forget the gum line for the lower teeth too. Sweep the front of the upper and lower teeth and on the inside of the palate and tongue using the tip of the toothbrush. Employ up and down strokes to remove bacteria on the gum line at the back and front.
- After doing the brushing and cleaning of the gum line outer surfaces, it is now time to clean the chewing surfaces. Since this surface isn’t as smooth as the front and back surfaces, the bacteria and other substances tend to stick easily in uneven parts. Brushing this area gently back and forth will remove sticky substances. It will prevent a buildup of cavities and bacteria.
- Do not forget to brush your tongue as well. You should sweep and scrub this part thoroughly and meticulously since this is where bad breath comes from. It is also for a more clean and refreshing feeling in the mouth.
- Don’t forget that brushing teeth must be done for at least 2 minutes! Keep your mouth clean and away from bad breath and tooth decay by properly brushing and cleaning your teeth. After all, a great smile is definitely a priceless asset.