Hello there kids!
Do you know that it is possible to keep your teeth clean and sparkling? Yes, you can definitely keep mom and dad happy by making sure that you maintain all of these health oral habits:
- Always brush your teeth. As much as possible, brush your teeth at least twice a day every single day, as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep at night.
- When you brush your teeth, always brush along your gum line. Or ask the help of mom and dad if you are having difficulty in doing so.
- Make sure that you always drink plenty of water. It helps dislodge some of the food that gets stuck in your mouth and breaks it down as well.
- Limit your chocolates and sweets. Yup, we know how you love your sweets but too much sugar encourages tooth decay. So just limit yourself and you will never regret it.
- Eat healthy meals. By choosing to eat healthy, such as eating fruits and vegetables and drinking milk, you will strengthen your body, your gums and teeth. So always listen to mom and dad when they tell you to eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. Avoid junk food as much as possible.
- Do not be afraid of the dentist. He or she is our friend in keeping our teeth healthy. Listen to what they have to say and never be afraid of going to their clinics to have your teeth checked. They will make sure that you will not have bad breath and decaying teeth.
- Wear a mouth guard during sports activities. This will limit the impact on your teeth of contact sports. Consult your dentist when you want to wear a mouth guard.